Saturday, March 31, 2012

Reader's Response - Linoit

Sorry that it's been so long since my last post! Things have definitely kicked up a notch.

   Anyway, I wanted to share with you a great website that I use for Reader's Response. To engage my students a little bit more and have other students interact, I implemented this website - www.liniot.com


   It's a great website that allows you to create a canvas to apply sticky notes to. You can use this as a personal reminder page or like I did, use it for reading engagement. I created a center that allows about 4 to 5 students to read independently and then share what they were reading about on their sticky note. Now this being the first time I've implemented this idea, I haven't been closely looking at the responses but I definitely think it would be a valuable resource to use in your classroom. I encourage them to use this to make connections, encourage others to read the book, and work on summarizing a text.  The best thing is that you can create as many canvases as you need, eliminating the need to delete! Oh, and did I mention it's free? Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing a great resource. I’m your newest follower. Please check out my blog if you get a chance “Calling Plays in 2nd Grade”.
    Thanks, Shanell

    P.S I awarding you the Liebster Award visit my site after a hour to pick it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and the award! Check back for more great ideas :-)

      Delete